Swine flu is all the buzz lately and I'm responding to it just like normal cold and flu season. Here's what we do at The Barefoot Dragonfly during cold and flu season:
* Wipe down surfaces with hospital grade, all-natural disinfectant made from oil of Thyme.
* Diffuse anti-viral essential oils such as Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Geranium and Peppermint.
* Use a tissue when sneezing or coughing, especially with allergy season!
* Washing hands more frequently, in addition to our office hand washing policies (washing hands before and after every session as recommended by the CDC for practitioners that come in contact with human skin).
A lot of clients find that Reflexology is helpful for bolstering the immune system so when I am giving a session during cold and flu season I make sure to emphasize these reflex points:
* Respiratory reflex areas - lungs, trachea, diaphragm, and bronchi
* Cranial reflex areas - sinuses, eyes, ears, mouth and throat
* Immune system reflexes - spleen, lymph nodes, thymus, skeletal reflexes, appendix
I've written an article with helpful reminders on Natural defense against swine flu: Protect you and your family holistically for tips to use at home!
Let me know if you have any questions about these or other practices employed at The Barefoot Dragonfly.